How 22 Feels Like For Me

More than 10 months past since my 22nd birthday and those 10 months feel like.. woah

I had my 22nd birthday 5 months after graduating from collage -- 5 months after entering what so called real life -- and nearly 2 months after getting my very first professional working experience. Now, it's less than 2 months before 22 passed. And this whole year has been like another level of milestones for me.

We all know that every day is a day to learn, every year will be filled with something new, something different, and something more challenging than ever. But why is 22 so special? Because every time i think about my 22 years old times, i get more and more understand why Taylor Swift chose 22 and not 23 or 24 as her song.

22 years old is indeed strange. In this age, some of us are graduating, some others are struggling. Some of us are looking for their soulmate, some others are married or even having children. Some of us are busy working and adulting, some others are trying to live their life to the fullest.

22 is actually the time where you are happy, confuse, and lonely at the same time, at the best way. You will have that miserable and magical feelings just like what Taylor Swift says. It's the time where you feel like in between of knowing pretty much and knowing nothing much. You think you can stop searching, but turns out you need to keep learning, because life only begins. When you start thinking and planning your life more seriously than ever. Then, one time you are feeling so confident about everything, but one other time you are doubtful and unsure about the same things. One time you think that you'd better not to involve your feeling in many things, but turns out many things are draining your feelings.

This is also the time where you are shocked and not ready to face the fact that your friends are actually leaving you one by one. That they also have their own life and aim to pursue. Maybe they will not totally leave you, but mostly things will be different. And you start to realize the fact that you can not, should not, lean to anyone else but to yourself and your God.

However, despite all of those things, you are still happy in anyway, through those ups and downs. Because you know that this too shall pass. After all, we are growing and learning. And passing 22 will shape us into a strong and beautiful eagle and we will fly. Because we are fighting our own high hopes. And that keeps us alive.

I know that I am not supposed to generalized. Maybe not all of those will or had happened to you. Or maybe none of those things. But anyway, this is just me telling you mine.

2018 will ends, I will have my birthday soon, and I'm sure I will miss my 22. This has been a wondrous year.

PS: In this 22 I'm also celebrating my first working anniversary! Oh how time flies so rapidly!





Comments

Popular Posts