Contemplating About Why: What's My Why?

Hi dear readers, this writing is also triggered by things from work. I don't know why my work got me contemplating a lot, lately.

So, currently I'm arranging a sort of training or development program, and one of the materials that will be delivered is about 'why point'.

Now, what's why point? For further explanation, you guys can read or watch Simon Sinek's stuffs and Primed to Perform, but I'll try to explain shortly. As we know, why is the reason of something we do, the reason of something to occur. It is also the core motive, the motivation. Why is also the purpose, cause of belief that inspires us. These why(s) determine lots of things afterwards, such as how well we work and how happy we are doing our work. In Primed to Perform, there are 6 reasons why people work, 3 lead to higher performance and the rest 3 lead to lower performance. They range from play, which is working because you love the work so that it feels like playing, to inertia, which you work today just because you did the same thing yesterday (or you simply don't know the reason why you work).

After learning those why stuffs, I started to think so much.

I started to think my why.
Why do I even live?
Why do I set those dreams?
Why do I choose those plans to pursue that dreams?
Why do I do this and that?
And many more why questions have been buzzing in my head

By that, I realise that there are things I decide (and decided) without strong reasons. Am I reckless or careless? Well I don't think so, I just set things as it is, without considering too much why.

And I also realise, that sometime, the more I think, the better it is, but the more complicated things get as well.

Comments

Popular Posts